Re: 64-bit time_t transition in progress

On 2024-02-06 Alberto Garcia <berto@igalia.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 04, 2024 at 11:05:46PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > In fact, none of the t64 binaries currently being uploaded
> > to experimental have the final ABI either, we're just using
> > experimental to clear binary NEW.

> I was having a look at two of the packages that I maintain that have
> t64 binaries in experimental and I noticed that while the binary
> package does have a different name the .so files themselves are the
> same. Is this expected when we're talking about an ABI break?

Hello Alberto,

It is expected for this ABI break yes. Essentially we are just doing a
rebuild-everything-involved while making sure the package
interdependencies avoid a (breaking) mixture. This is similar what we
did when the C++ ABI changed.[1]

cu Andreas
https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2005/04/msg00153.html
so grateful to you.'