Re: 64-bit time_t transition in progress

Il 02/02/2024 17:43, Steve Langasek ha scritto:
Hello,

debian-devel-announce wouldn't let me attach the file, but for those on
debian-devel at least, you can find the dd-list of to-be-NMUed source
packages attached.

Thanks,

Sorry to bother you (or anyone else who wants to answer) with a question that might be stupid, maybe I didn't understand something.

From what I understand, for most of the packages involved a rebuild is enough but this rebuild must be done after that of all their dependencies (dependencies of dependencies etc...) involved to avoid unexpected events that could cause crashes on some architectures (in cases ABI changes occurred in the underlying dependencies but the rebuild was done before one of those).

Having a package that depends on many and that part of those are themselves involved in various other chains, how do NMU (when needed) to unstable and rebuilds of other packages happen?

A single NMU on unstable or rebuild (for each package involved) but with such an order so that when it is done all dependencies are already rebuild, or with multiple rebuilds between the various migration chains involved?

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.