Re: The future of mipsel port

On Tue, 2023-07-18 at 12:45 +0800, YunQiang Su wrote:

> As CIP United, we do maintain an unofficial port of mipsel.
> So I wish that Debian can still accept our patch to support mipsel
> port (source only).
> https://repo.oss.cipunited.com/debian/

The closest Debian has to source-only ports are the ones that are
supported in rebootstrap but not on debian-ports. You could also
migrate mipsel to debian-ports instead of dropping it entirely.

https://wiki.debian.org/HelmutGrohne/rebootstrap
https://wiki.debian.org/PortsDocs/New

> (And let's keep mips64el port).

DSA would appreciate it if you could publicly document your plans for
trixie mips64el hardware qualification on the wiki, as riscv64 did:

https://dsa.debian.org/ports/hardware-requirements/
https://wiki.debian.org/HardwareQualification

--
bye,