Re: RFP: virtme-ng -- Tool to build and run a kernel inside a virtualized snapshot of your live system

Hi Andrea

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 10:02 AM Andrea Righi
<andrea.righi@canonical.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 09:19:58AM +0200, Andrea Righi wrote:

> > > Can you check  if
> > > https://salsa.debian.org/ribalda/virtme-ng/-/blob/debian/debian/patches/32bit.patch
> > > does the trick for you?
> >
> > usize seems to do the trick for me, I think it's more portable than
> > c_ulong (that comes from std::os::raw:c_ulong).

I thought  that std::os::raw:c_ulong was more or less ok, as I said...
me no rust :P

> > I'll push a fix soon, I just want to make sure it builds everywhere
> > (testing right now). :)
>
> I confirm that this one seems to fix the build error:
> https://github.com/arighi/virtme-ng/commit/438158e15a8af04fadfbb3943a227271db4b6e29
>
> I'd like to cut a new version (v1.11) at this point, if/when you have a
> new PR ready I can also include your changes (no rush).

Cool, let me know when you want to land it, so I update my package.

I have added support for cross-compilation of the package:
https://salsa.debian.org/ribalda/virtme-ng/-/commit/0e6ffec3897504ef1b7af7171f3b9cf68decfc76

Also, to ease the development at some point we should converge on the
content of the debian folder. Is the package already in ubuntu?

Cheeers!