Re: Comments on proposing NEW queue improvement (Re: Current NEW review process saps developer motivation

On Mon, Aug 29 2022 at 12:33:44 PM +05:30:00 +05:30:00, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

On Sun, Aug 28 2022 at 07:39:12 AM +02:00:00 +02:00:00, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
BTW, the vast amount of new packages I'm packaging are new dependencies
for existing packages to get their new versions.

May be we should be able to tag packages with in NEW into categories like this (similar to how a DD can give back a failed build via web interface). This may need to go through a GR. If we prioritize packages in NEW required for updating other dependencies, that can help things faster. When I upload packages to NEW, I know some packages are priority and some are not, but there is no way to express that currently.

Or we may also be able to reuse the urgency field in changelog if the idea that "uploaders should be able to prioritize some packages in NEW and ftp masters should check the priority queue before the normal queue" is acceptable to the project.