Re: Need a buildd build after trip through NEW -- best practice?

On Sun, 2022-08-28 at 17:54 -0500, Steven Robbins wrote:

> Specficially: in the case of a NEW binary upload, could a manual request be
> implemented (pick a different name if "give back" is not suitable) such that it
> is thrown away and replaced by a buildd build?

The dak software already has an option to enable throwing away all the
binary packages from NEW before they reach the archive, but this option
is not yet enabled on the Debian ftp-master server unfortunately.

If you are suggesting the ability for dak to replace binaries already
in the archive with different content without a new source version,
then I don't think that should be implemented for Debian at least,
since our archive is meant to only contain immutable package files.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise