Re: enabling link time optimizations in package builds

LTO significantly increase memory requirements for buildd machines. Do we have
enough RAM and swap on each build server?

> Link time optimizations are also at least turned on in other distros like
> Fedora, OpenSuse (two years) and Ubuntu (one year).

I know Ubuntu has builders with 8 GB RAM + 4 GB swap which is not enough in
all cases. https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/694428