dh-translations

The package dh-translations in Ubuntu has the below description.  Do we have
something in Debian that does this?  Do we need something in Debian to do
this?  Should we put this Ubuntu package in Debian to make it easier to build
Ubuntu packages on Debian?  License is GPLv2+.

 This package provides a debhelper extension to perform common translation
 related operations during package build:
 .
  * Try to build a current PO template.
 .
  * Remove inline translations from *.desktop, *.server, *.schemas, and
    *.policy files and replace them with a link to the gettext domain, so that
    strings in them will get translated at runtime from *.mo files. This
allows
    language packs to ship updated translations.