Re: The future of src:ntp

If you use ntp, I would appreciate if you could test the transition to ntpsec. ntpsec 1.2.1+dfsg1-5 has been uploaded to experimental and cleared the NEW queue.

Bernhard Schmidt suggested and I used 1:4.2.8p15+dfsg-2~$(DEB_VERSION_UPSTREAM_REVISION) as the version for the transitional packages. The first part (before the ~) is the current src:ntp version, but with the Debian revision bumped from 1 to 2. This allows for potential security or stable fix uploads to existing Debian releases, if needed.

Barring bugs, I believe the next steps are:
1. Upload to unstable.
2. Request ftpmaster removal of src:ntp?

--
Richard