Re: Seeking consensus for some changes in adduser

    >> But I'd ask you to look into the history of usergroups in Debian
    >> as part of your decision process.

    Marc> Where would I read up on that? I am not deeply enough in those
    Marc> political things to be able to judge whether a discussion from
    Marc> 15 years ago is still valid today.

No clue either.
Let me try asking something more reasonable.
If you end up tightening down world readableness, let me know so I can
reject the umask patch, because I suspect if your decision to tighten
down being world readable sticks, the 15 year old usergroups decision
would need to be revalidated by someone who cared.