Re: systemd-sysusers [Re: Seeking consensus for some changes in adduser]

On Mar 11, Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org> wrote:

> We currently don't have a good mechanism for leaving configuration behind on
> purge, which we've historically done with user accounts to avoid reuse of
> UIDs that may own resources, so we'd still have to create the declarations
> from a postinst.
While this is a reasonable concern I do not think that it is generally
true nowadays for system processes.
Also thanks to piuparts, nowadays packages that leave files around after
being purged should be a really small number. Actually I cannot think of
any, so this should be considered the exception rather than the norm.

So I totally support transitioning to systemd-sysusers.

--
ciao,
Marco