Re: Seeking consensus for some changes in adduser

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 06:28:57PM +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:
❦ 10 March 2022 11:34 -05, Michael Stone:
It was always configurable, but was enabled out of the box in hamm...

My system was installed on Potato if I remember correctly (or maybe
Woody, but definitely not older than Potato). But maybe my home was
imported from a SuSE installation and I tweaked something.

Likely--a number of other distributions went with a common user group as I recall.