Re: proposed MBF: packages still using source format 1.0

On Mar 06, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> wrote:

> I think that we should reduce the number of packages using the 1.0 format, as
> (1) format 3.0 has many advantages, as documented in
> https://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0 ; (2) this contributes to
> standardization of packaging practices, lowering the bar for contributors to
> contribute to those packages.
inn is a bit peculiar. It uses a patch system, has no direct changes and
is maintained in a VCS. But the build process is from a different age
and quite arcane, and I remember that switching to 3.0 would have
required significant work, so I see no compelling reason to do it.

--
ciao,
Marco