Re: What are the most important projects that Debian ought to work on?

On Wed, 23 Feb 2022, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Am Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 04:46:23PM +0100 schrieb Raphael Hertzog:
> > I have left out a few low-impact and really uncontroversial ideas (like
> > "port UDD to Python 3", we all agree on that, it's more a matter of
> > finding the right volunteer).
>
> Since I added the idea I'd like to confirm that I agree that this is
> uncontroversal.  I understood the initial idea like a way to find the
> right volunteer for certain tasks. ;-)

I certainly hope that having useful widely-agreed tasks listed can help
to find volunteers.

But for the survey, I am more interested in big ideas that have been
floating around for a while and that nobody tackled. The idea is to try
to get a sense of which ideas have the most support and which projects
to prioritize when it comes to the use of the Freexian funding for
instance.

For your specific need, I would suggest to try to reach out to the Python
team and point out that there's useful Python development work to be done,
and if being funded for that work helps them to allocate the required
time, then they should submit a project proposal and request a grant via
https://salsa.debian.org/freexian-team/project-funding/

Cheers,
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>