Re: Getting in contact with the i386 porters

On Tue, 2022-02-15 at 12:28 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't have any i386 systems left, there don't seem
> be any public i386 porterboxes other than 64bit boxes running 32bit
> chroots, and the i386 port traditionally doesn't have a port-specific
> mailing list. i386@buildd.d.o was Cced two weeks ago without any
> reaction.

The architecture requalification page for bookworm currently lists a
single porter for i386[1].  Maybe contact him directly?

It might also be a good idea for people interested in the i386 port to
setup a port-specific mailing list.

Or for such people to decide what the goal of the i386 port is: run
current software on ancient hardware or support running old software
(e.g., games) on current hardware.  The former would not allow baseline
changes, while the latter would allow, for example, using SSE without
fallback (which as far as I understand some software already does on
i386 or would like to do) or dropping support for AMD Geode processors.

Ansgar

  [1]: https://salsa.debian.org/release-team/release.debian.org/-/blob/bb0660c80401eeacbe7063044a9a1b711dcc2303/www/bookworm/arch_spec.yaml#L108