Re: What are the most important projects that Debian ought to work on?

    >> workflow": > >
    >> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/grow-your-ideas/-/issues/24 >
    >> This should include ideas what to do with resignations that will
    >> follow.
    >>
    >> Why would one decide to resign based on a standard for a default
    >> that nobody is required to follow?
    >>
    >> I'm talking about suggesting a widely accepted default for people
    >> who would love to have a widely accepted default suggested
    >> instead of needing to figuring out a workflow from lots of
    >> conflicting tutorials.
    >>
    >> I'm not talking about mandating the way everyone has to do their
    >> work in Debian.
    Andrey> Eh, if it's just for new people who don't know which
    Andrey> workflow to use then fine, it's a good idea, but the scope
    Andrey> of that is quite narrow and doesn't even help the second
    Andrey> point in "This impacts" ("every package I need to change is
    Andrey> set up in a different way!").

Over time, if people see the value in migrating toward something more
people understand, the probability of people seeing the value and
migrating increases.
Especially in this community, there is still value in suggestions people
can optionally follow.
We've seen such suggestions get adopted organically time and time again,
and it does make things easier.