Re: What are the most important projects that Debian ought to work on?

On Wed, Feb 09, 2022 at 06:53:49PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> > > I've added "We should have a default standard packaging workflow":
> > > https://salsa.debian.org/debian/grow-your-ideas/-/issues/24
> > This should include ideas what to do with resignations that will follow.
>
> Why would one decide to resign based on a standard for a default that
> nobody is required to follow?
>
> I'm talking about suggesting a widely accepted default for people who
> would love to have a widely accepted default suggested instead of
> needing to figuring out a workflow from lots of conflicting tutorials.
>
> I'm not talking about mandating the way everyone has to do their work in
> Debian.
Eh, if it's just for new people who don't know which workflow to use then
fine, it's a good idea, but the scope of that is quite narrow and doesn't
even help the second point in "This impacts" ("every package I need to
change is set up in a different way!").

--
WBR, wRAR