Re: deb822 sources by default for bookworm

Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> docker images probably can move earlier as they don't have
> as much interactive users that use tools that might be broken
> (e.g. software-properties).

I didn't see any open disagreement in this thread (apologies if I
missed it elsewhere), and I think this makes sense, so I've opened
[1].

[1]: https://github.com/debuerreotype/debuerreotype/pull/128

There's still an open discussion point on whether it should be
"debian.sources" or something like "00debian.sources" and I think the
timeline is still a little fluid, especially depending on whether /
how many folks complain and how heavy the breakage is (ie, "my sed
one-liner needs to change" vs "this really-useful-in-containers
package fundamentally can't handle this correctly").

I guess I'm also wondering (in the spirit of #877012 - hopefully dkg
will forgive me for the explicit CC) whether "Signed-By:
/usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg" is sufficient or
whether folks think that it needs to somehow be more specific?

(please keep me CC'd in replies or comment on that PR directly)

♥,
- Tianon
  4096R / B42F 6819 007F 00F8 8E36  4FD4 036A 9C25 BF35 7DD4