LESS copyright, not more!

Guys, once again we had a complaint about forcing people to waste their time
on copyright matters then wait months or years for review of said matters
-- just for the discussion degenerate into a proposal to bring even MORE
copyright into our life!

> - What is REUSE?
> The REUSE specification [1] is a specification to make copyright
> machine-readable in the source files itself. It is straightforward to
> implement, add (e.g.) "SPDX-FileCopyrightText: 2019 Jane Doe
[...]
> The spec is made by the Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) and is
> already implemented in several projects [3].

... and this proposal includes gems such as an extra copyright-only file per
every image.  Dᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ!

The Social Contract says clearly:
    "Our priorities are our users and free software"
-- NOT copyright lawyers.

I, and probably others, consider copyright to be a crime against humanity
-- and this is not just a figure of speech[1].  We are forced to comply
with these laws, risking fines and violence if we don't, but why should
we put more effort than the minimum necessary?

Other distributions have proven than doing less than we do is enough.  And
even perfect compliancy is no defense against a multi-decade lawsuit that
generates massive costs.

And us poring over copyrights of every file does cost us a lot -- the
time of developers, especially highly skilled ones, does cost quite a
penny.  That most of Debian work is volunteer doesn't lessen the value of
that time.  Let's not waste it.

Meow!

[1]. diff(humans vs other animals) =~ transmission of ideas, etc
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Aryans: split from other Indo-Europeans ~2900-2000BC → Ural →
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁     Bactria → settled 2000-1000BC in northwest India.