Re: Automated copyright reviews using REUSE/SPDX as alternative to DEP-5

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> I can tell you from prior experience with DEP-5 that 3 is wildly
> controversial and will produce the most pushback.  There are a lot of
> packagers who flatly refuse to even use the DEP-5 format, and (pace
> Jonas's aspirations) I don't expect that to change any time soon.

That last parenthetical was in retrospect probably not very clear,
particularly to people who aren't familiar with that specific English
idiom.  For the record, this is "pace" in the sense of:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/word-of-the-day/pace-2017-09-28

What I meant to express is that I realize that Jonas is actively working
on this and is hopeful, and I would love for him to be successful, but I
am more pessimistic.  But I wanted to acknowledge that he disagrees and I
may well be wrong.