Re: Unified workflow for package review

> I fully expect such a service to have an API that can be used to build
> a command line interface for people like you.

Yep, but I already don't use the various things like that for e.g. salsa
or github because it's too much hassle to set up for too little
benefit. Similarly my experience with the "addon email workflows" for
web based tools is that (as second class citizens) they typically don't
quite work right.

> At the same time, we must recognize that our aging email-based workflows
> and the multitude of different workflows are hurting our ability to
> on-board new contributors.

Fair enough. Every tooling choice involves tradeoffs. We just have to be
mindful and honest about the friction created for existing contributors
by reducing it for new contributors. I think it's easy to underestimate
other peoples difficulties/annoyances with the workflow that we are used
to. So for people immersed in github or gitlab, this seems like the
natural and obvious way to work, just like for (some) people immersed in
email workflows those seem natural and obvious.