Re: Embedded buildpath via rpath using cmake

On 2022-02-04, David Prévot wrote:
> Le 04/02/2022 à 08:58, Andreas Ronnquist a écrit :
>> On Thu, 03 Feb 2022 16:41:21 -0800,
>> Vagrant Cascadian<vagrant@reproducible-builds.org> wrote:
>
>>> If you're on the list, would love if you could check if your package
>>> still builds correctly when passing only
>>> -DCMAKE_BUILD_RPATH_USE_ORIGIN=ON.  For a few of the packages, there
>>> are already patches in the Debian bug tracking system waiting for you!
>>
>> allegro5 builds fine here when adding -DCMAKE_BUILD_RPATH_USE_ORIGIN=ON.
>
> Ditto for cmocka.

Thanks for testing!

> Is there a better place than this debian-devel thread to document what
> works or not?

The developer's reference suggests mailing debian-devel with a list of
affected packages/maintainers instead of mass filing bugs, so that's
what I did (well, after filing lots of bugs/patches already)... :)

If we want to track the issues, to me it seems like the best way to
track these issues are bugs with usertags...

So I guess I'm a bit confused as to the goal of not mass filing
bugs!

Maybe the goal is to have as many maintainers address the issue before
getting bugs.debian.org involved, and only once some time passes,
proceed to filing actual bugs?

Another option is to add a comment to the package in:

  https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/reproducible-notes

I'll do this for the two mentioned so far.

live well,
  vagrant

p.s. Please Cc me and/or reproducible-builds@lists.alioth.debian.org on
this thread, as I'm not subscribed to debian-devel.