Re: Legal advice regarding the NEW queue

On Wed, 2022-02-02 at 13:44 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Wookey,
>
> Am Tue, Feb 01, 2022 at 02:07:21PM +0000 schrieb Wookey:
> > Has anyone on the actual FTP team responded to this thread yet?
> > (sorry, I can't remember who that is currently)
> >
> > Either on Andreas's original simple question: 'Do we still _have_
> > to keep the binary-NEW thing?'
> > Or this more complex question: Is NEW really giving us a pain:risk
> > ratio that is appropriate?
> >
> > Andreas tried hard to get someone to just stick to the first matter
> > and answer that. I don't recall seeing an answer from FTP-master
> > yet?
>
> Me neither.  In my eyes its a problem that it is hard to comminicate
> with ftpmaster team.  I tried on IRC as well but I prefer mailing
> list
> since this is recorded online.

Without answer from FTP team, it's hard to reach anywhere constructive
with respect to this problem. They have the most accurate understanding
on what part needs to be improved or revised.

Of course I can propose ideas based on my shallow experience and
speculation, but ideas in this thread will largely going to sink
unless there is any effective way to make real progress on it.