Re: Re: dpkg taking a bit too long ...

Hi all,

(please cc)

Theodore Ts'o wrote on Oct 5:
>> real	0m37.751s
>> user	0m7.428s
>> sys	0m12.374s
>>
>> That's on ext4/nvme with no eatmydata. Perhaps time to perform a smart test
>> on your disk?
>
>Except Norbert was reporting 100% (and 15 minutes) of CPU time....
>
>Norbert, what file system are you using?

Sorry for the late reply, I am not subscribed to debian-devel and just
realized the answers.

So I am running a btrfs multiple device, that is, the btrfs root file
system spans currently 8 disks (mix of NVMe and SSD). Furthermore, it is
running btrfs raid1 over the disks.

Normally response time is extremely fast, and the current case was an
exception I haven't seen before.

(please cc)

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev