Re: Would you please share me any information about which version of Debian supports NVDIMM?

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 06:31:42AM +0000, Yuhua Zou wrote:
> Dear All,
> I assume Debian have supported NVDIMM from the following links:
>     https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/12/msg00330.html
>     https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=829257
>
> I can install package “ndctl” in Debian 10.9.
>
> I explored Debian wiki but couldn't find any information about which
> versions are supporting NVDIMM.

The package in Buster (Debian 10) is functional.  Because the hardware is
so new, though, I'd recommend instead using packages from buster-backports
-- or perhaps the hard-frozen almost-released Bullseye (Debian 11).

Same goes for other bits of userland stack, and for the kernel.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ The oldest dated printed book includes the following license grant:
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁       Reverently made for universal free distribution by Wang Jie