Re: a proper-unix meta package (Re: Proposal: plocate as standard for bookworm)

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 10:48:29PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 04:17:01PM +0000, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > I once considered packaging sed from v7 UNIX, which has all the
> > coreutils bundled in one source repo, and so literally considered
> > src:unix, although in both cases it was largely a joke and I didn't
> > pursue it.
>
> *g*, nice!
>
> I'd also be happy if this were src:unix (or maybe not) as long as there
> would be a src:proper-unix-system meta-package for those who care...

That would indeed be great, and thanks, jmtd, for your work! (even if
you ultimately decide not to complete it, it's still cool)

...and then there comes the "...but does Caldera really have the right
to those sources?" question, which may or may not have been already
settled in the US courts (there are people who say "the decision that
one specific action did not mean that SCO owns the copyright still
does not necessarily mean that there are no other reasons for
SCO-name-of-the-month to own the copyright")...

Sorry... some people do say that I sometimes worry too much and throw
wet blankets on others' enthusiasm... :/

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  roam@ringlet.net roam@debian.org pp@storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13