sudo RFA

Back in December, I put sudo up for adoption via WNPP.  The response has
been underwhelming.  It was just pointed out to me that since I didn't
actually post something explicit about this on debian-devel, some who
might be willing and able to work on it perhaps are just unaware that
it's up for adoption.  Here's the relevant text from bug #976244:

  I took over the sudo package in August of 1996, and have maintained it
  since then.  The package is in pretty good condition, with very
  reliable core functionality.  Upstream is active and responds promptly
  to concerns.  Despite this, there are a significant number of bugs
  open against the package, a fair number of which are related to the
  LDAP interface or other features I don't use, and just don't have the
  time, facilities, and/or motivation to work on.

  So, I think that after nearly a quarter century taking care of sudo in
  Debian, it's time someone else took over the package.

  Because this package is more or less "essential" to many users despite
  being marked as 'optional' in our packaging system, I'd like to suggest
  anyone considering taking it on look over the package, review the open
  bug list, and then reach out to me for some conversation before making a
  commitment to take it over.

It would be ideal if someone adopts this before the bullseye release.

Since I no longer routinely read debian-devel, please reply directly to me
if you're interested.

Regards,

Bdale