Re: Debian Installer Bullseye Alpha 3 release

Hi,

Karl-Heinz Künzel <karl-heinz.kuenzel@web.de> wrote:
> Downloaded alpha 3 from official source and put the iso on an USB stick.
> Disconnected all drives on my PC and connected a fresh SSD.
>
> Ran graphic and standard installer. No fault, no errors.
>
> After reboot, grub shows up and after count-down I get a black screen.
>
> I used a clean HDD instead of the SSD. Same result. Removed Hauppauge TV
> vard and add. SATA card. Same result.
>
> Made a post in German DEBIAN forum, but no one seams to be willing to do
> tests.
>
> When choosing 'advance options', messages show up, but stops without any
> error message.

Maybe that's an issue of missing firmware for your graphics card.
Installing firmware-misc-nonfree (from non-free) might fix your problem.
(Because it's non-free software, it's not installed by default.)

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076