Re: Debian Installer Bullseye Alpha 3 release

Hi.

I made several (EFI) installation runs yesterday of alpha 3 here on my
Buster PC.
Downloaded alpha 3 from official source and put the iso on an USB stick.
Disconnected all drives on my PC and connected a fresh SSD.

Ran graphic and standard installer. No fault, no errors.

After reboot, grub shows up and after count-down I get a black screen.

I used a clean HDD instead of the SSD. Same result. Removed Hauppauge TV
vard and add. SATA card. Same result.

Made a post in German DEBIAN forum, but no one seams to be willing to do
tests.

When choosing 'advance options', messages show up, but stops without any
error message.

Please see

https://debianforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=179829&p=1259902#p1259902

for screenshot of those messages and output on

~$ inxi -Fz

for hardware used.

I tested this several times.

To make a crosscheck here, I downloaded today RCLinuxOS.iso to make a
test on my side. EFI installation and no issues.

So I believe, there is an issue with alpha 3, at least here.

I installed alpha 3 on my machine running Buster in a vbox (no EFI). No
issues there.

Best regards - Karl-Heinz