Re: Package dependency versions and consistency

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 12:47:04PM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> I would have liked to make the ability to binNMU more accessible
> (similar to the give-back self-service), however I'm now somewhat
> convinced that we need no change source-only uploads, preferably
> performed centrally by dak.

Are you talking about stable or unstable?

In unstable I do see the point of changing binNMUs to be source-only
uploads similar to what Ubuntu does.

Security support for static-only ecosystems would require rebuilding
the whole ecosystem in stable on a regular basis, could you imagine
a Haskell transition in stable?

> Kind regards
> Philipp Kern

cu