Re: Disabling automatic upgrades on Sid by default?

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 11:04 AM Devops PK Carlisle LLC wrote:

> If I know that, for instance, a kernel update will break a wifi dongle
> driver or NVIDIA driver, either I must not use automatic updates at all
> and I must remember which packages I don't want to update and manually
> exclude those packages every time OR I must have enough time to repair
> what will break (and may update less often as a result).

That sounds a bit like what apt-listbugs does, but it only queries
public bugs though. It can select by severity, tags or bug numbers but
not usertags.

It should be easy enough to drop in similar pinning files manually if
you want to prevent some packages from upgrading.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise