Re: How should we handle greenbone-security-assistant?

Quoting Adrian Bunk (2020-12-18 15:36:23)
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 01:33:33PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > It is indeed not realistic to fit all fast-changing code projects
> > into Debian.  We have made a few fast-paced projects like Firefox
> > fit, but in my opinion we did that in a problematic way: By
> > endorsing embedded code copies, which is painful to maintain.
> >
> > I think we should not relax our rules, but (improve our packages so
> > that we can) tighten our rules to apply more consistently - e.g.
> > avoid embedded code copies also in Firefox.
>
> Embedded code copies are the smallest problem with Firefox, and on
> that I would actually trust Mozilla to release fixes quickly.

I do trust Mozilla to release fixes quickly - my point was a different
one: Mozilla and Google and GNOME and KDE each being quick to release
fixes for libusrsctp or some other embedded library is still different
from linking with a shared copy.

 - Jonas