Re: How should we handle greenbone-security-assistant?

Quoting Raphael Hertzog (2020-12-17 14:55:11)
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2020, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > In reality, most Nodejs modules declare too tight versioning for
> > their
> [...]
>
> I know this, but I also know that such an analysis is very
> time-consuming and needs a good knowledge of the language and of the
> upstream package, which I don't have.

Ahh, indeed we have no magic tool to do the maintainenance for us.

There are tools like npm2deb doing something considered too lousy
quality for Debian.  Just as we had rpm2deb back in the day when the
frustrating thing was that Redhat was far more popular than Debian.

> said package was updated in Kali in a matter of hours.

That's great.

I mean - *either* it is great that Kali has a far better tool that we
might adopt - *or* it is great that Kali exists for those with different
needs than those of Debian.

 - Jonas