Re: [External] Re: Intel SOF audio firmware packaging

On 12/12/2020 05:48, Vincent Bernat wrote:
>  ❦ 11 décembre 2020 20:36 -05, Mark Pearson:
>
> You need to use "~rc" instead of "-rc", otherwise, users won't be able
> to upgrade to "1.6" when they have "1.6-rc3" installed.

Ooops - my bad. I started wearing glasses this year...but don't always
put them on :)
I've corrected that. Thank you!

>> What do I need to do going forward to look after this? Is there anything
>> in particular that is needed as new sof firmware is released? Just
>> wanting to check what expectations are going forward and if there is
>> anything I should be looking out for etc.
>
> We wait until monday and then we can upload. When a new firmware is
> released, you upgrade your repository on Salsa, ping me, I'll review and
> upload. At some point, you may want to become a DM (Debian Maintainer)
> to do upload of known packages yourself.

Great. Thanks again for your help.
Longer term I'd love to work towards becoming a DM - I think I still
have a lot of learning to do though :)

>>> Also, did you test the package on real hardware or do you need me to
>>> test it? I can test it, I just need to spend 10 minutes doing it.
>> Tested on my X1Carbon7 and it works well. I have a bunch of other
>> platforms I can try it on too if that helps but it will have to be next
>> week.
>
> No need, I'll test it on mine during the week-end.

Sound good - let me know if any issues.

As a note - I did find that for some reason the speaker is muted by
default and needed to go into alsamixer to unmute it (someone in the bug
saw the same effect and I've seen that previously on the P1G3 with
Debian). I don't believe that has anything to do with the SOF firmware
but is more likely an issue in ALSA/pulseaudio. I'll dig into that
separately.

Mark