Re: [External] Re: Intel SOF audio firmware packaging

> firmware could also be built but dependencies would be hard to
> package/maintain - as I understood - those need a forked xtensa
> compiler.

I'm adopting the firmware-ath9k-htc package at the moment, which also uses a
forked xtensa compiler and is built from source. Rather than package the
custom toolchain first, I build the toolchain in addition to the firmware at the
same time. I don't know that I'll have time before the freeze to help, but
after Bullseye is released I think it would be relatively unpainful with my
groundwork laid.

That said I've not looked at the audio firmware and if it typically needs to be
digitally signed, that's a bummer.