Re: Architecture: all binNMUs (was: deduplicating jquery/)

On Wed, 02 Dec 2020 at 11:15:44 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> But this has the obvious downside that "${source:Version}" is unchanged
> and that you might have issues with dependencies against the arch: all
> package.

Yes, I already said that this is why OBS can't realistically do its builds
like binNMUs (or more precisely, with binary-only=yes changelog entries).
Breaking the ${source:Version} assumption would break the packages listed
in https://lintian.debian.org/tags/maybe-not-arch-all-binnmuable.html and
possibly others, which is undesirable if your goal is to rebuild Debian or
Ubuntu packages with minimal modification (which is the case for my
employer's uses of OBS).

    smcv