Re: Debconf - adding "treeselect" type(s)?

On 11/29/20 11:37 PM, Timo Weingärtner wrote:
> What are the proposed semantics of this multitreeselect?
>
> If we imagine something like:
>
> [ ] a
>   [ ] a/b
>   [ ] a/c
> [ ] b
>   [ ] b/a
>
> Would checking "a" automatically also check "a/*"?
> Is it only about UI, meaning "a/*" would be collapsed under "a"?
> Shall it be possible to check "a", but uncheck "a/b"?
>
> Grüße
> Timo

I very much agree that this needs to be discussed, then specified correctly.

Also, would that sound crazy if we were to introduce the tree as
described with json? That's simple enough, so that even a human can do
it by hand, and also understood by all languages. Otherwise, what would
be the way to describe a tree?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)