Re: deduplicating jquery/

Quoting Paolo Greppi (2020-12-01 10:53:11)
> Il 01/12/20 10:00, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel ha scritto:
> > What about doing something similar to sphinx.
> > Create a package with the doxygen jquery and link to files of this package for all documentations generated via doxygen.
> > provide a dh_doxygen to do this link like dh_sphinxdoc
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Fred
> >

> I'm afraid this is not possible as explained by the previous doxygen maintainer here:
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/doxygen/-/blob/master/debian/README.jquery

That file includes this passage:

> The second option requires architecture independent binNMUs. Since the
> archive does not do any architecture independent auto-building this is
> not available either.

This is not the first time I see a need for arch-independent
auto-building.

Can someone remind me: Why is it that we cannot do arch-independent
auto-building?  Is there actual technical blockers for doing that, or is
it simply that we have not enabled some switch on the arch-indep
buildds?

 - Jonas