Re: Proposed changes to sbuild and debootstrap

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 08:33:22PM +0100, RhineDevil wrote:
> As now sbuild and debootstrap manage chroots on per-suite basis, they rely
> on scripts present in /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts.

> This poses a problem, as suite names from different distros may
> occasionally overlap, as happened with debian/devuan jessie.

I believe this has been a mistake on the part of Devuan.  Sure, the joke of
Jessie-the-doll vs Jessie-the-big-rock was funny, but definitely not worth
the confusion.

On the other hand, consistently using the same codename would be reasonable
-- as Devuan is a very light distribution, with its scope restricted to
fixing systemd caused regressions.  But this train has sailed.

But then, Jessie is gone (I don't think Devuan carries ELTS?), and thus
the problem is gone.  With the lesson learned, I don't think we'll see a
codename clash anytime soon.  So perhaps ignoring the issue would be the
least-work option?

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Laws we want back: Poland, Dz.U. 1921 nr.30 poz.177 (also Dz.U.
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ 1920 nr.11 poz.61): Art.2: An official, guilty of accepting a gift