Re: Debconf - adding "treeselect" type(s)?

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:24:56AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Timo wrote:
> >What are the proposed semantics of this multitreeselect?
> >
> >If we imagine something like:
> >
> >[ ] a
> >  [ ] a/b
> >  [ ] a/c
> >[ ] b
> >  [ ] b/a
> >
> >Would checking "a" automatically also check "a/*"?
> >Is it only about UI, meaning "a/*" would be collapsed under "a"?
> >Shall it be possible to check "a", but uncheck "a/b"?
>
> Yes, I'm thinking just about UI here: my plan would be to not have
> anything *selectable* at "a" - it would just toggle the display of the
> "a/*" subtree in those frontends that can display such a thing.

If we took that approach then it wouldn't work so well for the grub2
case, where "a" would be a whole disk and "a/b" and "a/c" would be
individual partitions.  (Unless we rephrased the choices to include an
explicit "Whole disk" option or something.)

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson@debian.org]