Re: How to cleanup Ubuntu bugs for my Debian packages?

Hello all,

For the sake of disclosure, I'm also an Ubuntu Developer.

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 12:58:53PM +0100, Iustin Pop wrote:
> I have a Launchpad account, and the project itself lists my Launchpad
> account as "maintainer", but on the bug itself I can't mark it as "Won't
> fix", only as "Invalid". Which tells me that I'm missing _some_ rights
> in Ubuntu itself…

Indeed, there are some status that are restricted to the so called "bug
supervisor", which a team defined in the project settings in launchpad.
In the case of Ubuntu itself, that is the ~ubuntu-bugcontrol team
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-bugcontrol .  Users who are part of that
team have access to all the features of the bug tracker.

Another common limitation imposed on users that are not bug supervisors,
is that they cannot re-open an already closed bug.  Or, targeting a
series.

> I also have
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-mox/+bug/852095, where
> again I can't mark "Won't fix" (it refers to distributions 8 years old)…

I've marked that as wontfix.

However, in the case of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-pylibacl/+bug/1876350
"invalid" is the correct status, not "wontfix".

BTW, in case you missed it, if you are going to fix bugs reported on
launchpad, you can use "LP: #xxxxx" in the (debian) changelog and close
them, similarly to what you do to close bugs against the BTS.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :