Re: A Small Organisation Server as a Debian Pure Blend

Quoting John Lines (2020-11-23 11:03:19)
> Mail is one of the first target applications for a Simple Organisation
> Server - I have just installed Postfix on my sample server, and now I
> want to integrate it with LDAP, both for forwarding (aliases in LDAP)
> and local delivery (into Dovecot with Roundcube for web access)

I don't use LDAP, originally to reduce complexity but I might change
position on that: I am therefore curious which LDAP setup you come up
with - please consider sharing.

Redpill use postfix and Dovecot as well, but use ciderwebmail to
simplify maintenance by avoiding arguably fundamentally insecure PHP.

Redpill have participating organisations "leaning" on each other e.g.
for mutual MX backups.

My main script to idempotently setup and update Redpill email is (not
yet part of https://source.redpill.dk/mail/ but for now) here:
https://source.jones.dk/local-COMMON/tree/postfix/postfix.sh

> > Feel free to reuse any of the material at
> > https://source.redpill.dk/ and (less mature, and only some repos
> > aligned with the Redpill constraints)
> > https://source.couchdesign.dk/ - if licensing is acceptable to you,
> > obviously (and if not, please do share why).
> >

> I did have a quick look at these and will hope to revisit them at some
> point. My Danish is very rusty, when looking at some random pages on
> Couchdesign, so I only read them quite slowly.

Ohh, sorry: Didn't realize just how many non-Redpill git repos are
hosted at those sites as well.

Improved now with descriptions - here are _only_ the Redpill repos:
https://source.couchdesign.dk/?q=Redpill:
https://source.redpill.dk/?q=Redpill:

 - Jonas