Re: A Small Organisation Server as a Debian Pure Blend

> Seems our defined problem is quite similar, if not identical.
>
> Would be great if we could find overlap also in our work towards
> solutions.

Collaboration and working together as much as we can seems central to
successful FLOSS projects

> Makes me happy that you want to give it a try.
>
> You can toy with it at https://live.jones.dk/demos/ if you want.

I have tried the demos - they are impressive, and nice to see that
janus is packaged - I have not tried installing it on my sample Small
Organisation Server, but I will in order to see how it does with the
limited virtual hardware and how the networking holds up.

> > one of the concepts of the overall Small Organisation Server is to
> > document why particular components were used - which initially is
> > likely to be because they are the one I know best.
>
> What you call components I call features in my Redpill project:
> https://source.redpill.dk/org/tree/README.md
> https://source.redpill.dk/org/tree/SETUP.md
>
> My goal is for each feature to become a new (or get absorbed by an
> existing) Debian package, and that each feature - including its
> documentation - is only loosely tied to other features.  I.e. that
> one
> organisation can choose to run "mail" and "mail-lists" features and
> in
> their documentation not be confused by documentation on "mail-
> accounts"
> - and another organisation include "mail-accounts" but exclude
> "mail-list".

Mail is one of the first target applications for a Simple Organisation
Server - I have just installed Postfix on my sample server, and now I
want to integrate it with LDAP, both for forwarding (aliases in LDAP)
and local delivery (into Dovecot with Roundcube for web access)

> For documentation I have defined a set of rules for my work, to help
> ensure the flexibility of integration:
> https://source.redpill.dk/org/tree/ADMIN.md
>
> I am sharing these details because although you didn't show interest
> in
> my Redpill project (which is perfectly fine) we might still align on
> writing style for _some_ resuse across projects.
>
> Feel free to reuse any of the material at
> https://source.redpill.dk/ and
> (less mature, and only some repos aligned with the Redpill
> constraints)
> https://source.couchdesign.dk/ - if licensing is acceptable to you,
> obviously (and if not, please do share why).

I did have a quick look at these and will hope to revisit them at some
point. My Danish is very rusty, when looking at some random pages on
Couchdesign, so I only read them quite slowly.

Best wishes

John