Re: A Small Organisation Server as a Debian Pure Blend

Quoting Andrew M.A. Cater (2020-11-20 18:28:31)
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 02:37:11PM +0000, Federico Ceratto wrote:
> > As Joseph pointed out, the use-case for the Small Organisation
> > Server is practically the same as FreedomBox, either installed from
> > image or with "apt install freedombox".
> >
> > I find the name "Small Organisation" a bit misleading. In my
> > experience, often even massive companies and universities need
> > small, easily deployed services that are maintained independently
> > from the core infrastructure. Sometimes it is to serve remote
> > offices with limited connectivity, or to test a new service quickly,
> > or use it on vehicles with intermittent or expensive connectivity,
> > or to keep very sensitive data isolated or ensure legal compliance
> > and so on...

> You may all also find it useful to look at debian-edu which has some
> similar ideas. If you do want to put together something new, it's
> possible that a melting together of ideas from Freedombox / Debian-Edu
> and other projects will give you a better starting point.

Given the subject of this email thread, I guess it is already well known
that this new project share ideas with those projects we collectively
call Debian Pure Blends.

If you meant to highlight some overlap with Debian edu in particular not
found in other Debian Pure Blends, then I suggest you elaborate, because
that was not clear at least to me from the bits you wrote above, Andrew.

 - Jonas