Re: doubt with autopkgtest for javascript packages

Hi,

Yes, do it, thanks!

Cheers,
Xavier

Le 9 novembre 2020 22:08:46 GMT+01:00, Sudip Mukherjee <sudipm.mukherjee@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi Utkarsh and Xavier,

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 5:08 AM Utkarsh Gupta <utkarsh@debian.org> wrote:

Hi Sudip,

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 4:21 AM Sudip Mukherjee
<sudipm.mukherjee@gmail.com> wrote:
While going through packages to find autopkgtests which are
superficial I noticed that some of of the _javascript_ packages are
doing just:
nodejs -e "require('foo.js');"

After reading the documentation at [1], it seems that it will just
load the object in cache so that the exported properties and methods
of the object can be used in the code.
Can you please confirm if my understanding is correct and the tests
are indeed superficial in nature as it is just loading the object and
not actually using any of the exported methods or properties.

You're indeed correct and these are just superficial test which just
helps in the preliminary check that things are in order (syntax wise
and that the module can be used and loaded).
From what I remember, most of these (at least from a bunch of those
that I have touched) are already marked as superficial. In case we can
get a list of tests that aren't yet superficial, fixing them should be
trivial! :)

Thanks for all your work on this! \o/

Thanks to both of you for the confirmation. I have attached the list.
Do you want me to add them in my MBF list and raise bug reports for
them?

--
Regards
Sudip