Re: debian names

Quoting Jérémy Lal (2020-11-08 22:41:56)
> Using toy story names for debian releases surely isn't free from any
> disney/pixar license ?
> Or is it ?

Possibly (but not certainly) those names are registered trademarks,
which means the names would be protected for use within a certain domain
(so as to avoid confusion).

I would consider it highly unlikely that (Disney would claim and a court
would agree with them, that) Pixar customers could confuse some Pixar
products with a Debian release.

...but I am not a lawyer - and if you want a lawyer's opinion then I
believe the proper approach is to (not publicly on this list but
discretely) ask Debian Leader to consult some lawyer.

 - Jonas