Do Debian now simply ignore OpenSSL incomatibilities with GPL?

This was just now brought to my attention:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=924937#105

Do I understand correctly that Debian now ignore OpenSSL
incomatibilities with GPL?

I.e. do we no longer need to either a) seek special exception for each
and every piece of GPL-licensed code linking with current or older
OpenSSL code, or b) patch such code to instead link with some
alternative crypto library, or c) wait for relicensd OpenSSL 3.0.0?

 - Jonas