Re: Accepting / adopting DEP-14

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 06:08:17PM +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 16:00:02 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> } }      [  ... good input ... ]
>
> How to go from good input to accepting DEP-14 ?

FWIW I fully agree with Simon. The choice offered in DEP-14 is to accomodate
different workflows, not for the pleasure of allowing multiple names.

Since the choice between debian/master, debian/latest, debian/trunk,
debian/main, debian/devel is a matter of personal preference, we could
likely setup some (condorcet) poll among developers and just pick one.

But given that we recommend upstream/latest for the upstream branch, I'm now
leaning towards using debian/latest as default as well. I'll make a
concrete proposal and we'll see the feedback.

Regards,
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁