Re: we do recommend workflows (Re: Why Vcs-* fields are not at least recommended ?)

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 09:56:49AM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > And we cannot recommend using a VCS because we don't usually recommend workflows.
> [...]
> > I don't think anything is "supposed" here. We don't recommend workflows
>
> yes, we do. workflows and tools. i'm not sure why you think we don't?
We started recommending dh only recently and we still don't recommend
using VCS, using git specifically or using a specific git packaging
helper. There are many other things we don't recommend, e.g. specific ways
to make sure your package is buildable in a minimal chroot.

--
WBR, wRAR