Re: Sentry for Debian services?

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 12:08:40AM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:

> I don't think we already have a Sentry instance for Debian services
> running?  Are there other services in need for a Sentry instance?
>
> I looked at the install documentation[1] and it tells me that I don't
> want to run Sentry myself.  Any takers?
>
> Another option may be using the hosted solution, which they give away
> gratis to open source projects, which we might be.[2]

Caveat: they recently stopped being free software:
https://github.com/getsentry/sentry/blob/master/LICENSE

Some people have started forks, but I haven't tracked development there.

This said, I'd say feel free to use any non-free solution that might
help your work, as long as it doesn't become a required part of Debian's
infrastructure.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>